OpenText™ "Contact Center Industry Predictions for 2016"
From the desk of Dr. WFO:
2015 is almost over! Can you believe it? Friends and colleagues are already talking about resolutions for 2016, (I shared one of my resolutions here).
After attending and speaking at several industry events, participating in various roundtables, and talking to numerous analysts, customers and prospects, below are my thoughts on themes within contact centers for 2016.
Emerging and/or continued investments in the following areas of technology:
- Multichannel analytics
- Desktop optimization (analytics)
- Managed services
- Cloud-based solutions where it makes sense
- Predictive analytics
- Mobile applications
Emerging and/or continued focus on customer experience (CX):
- Need to establish multichannel strategy based on your customer demographics and expectations
- Determine if you are ready to deliver a seamless cross-channel strategy; if you do not have a solid multichannel foundation in place, don’t get distracted by the term omni-channel experience
- Review current metrics to determine if these are appropriate based on your strategic and operational plans; are you measuring customer effort? If not, why? If so, how are you doing?
- Self-service options that are well executed
Continued investment in human capital:
- With an ever evolving workforce, investments in training, succession planning, and overall development must continue to be a focus at all levels within the contact center
- Rewards and recognition programs improved (one size doesn’t fit all)
Using a multichannel analytics application can provide the necessary data to measure, take action, and laser focus in a few areas: agent productivity and customer experience.
do you want to know more?